Our monthly study group focuses on selected readings of current research and theory in trauma, dissociation, attachment, and neurobiology. Our discussions explore the readings themselves as well as their clinical applications.
Third Friday of each Month
Meet at CCIH offices, 4700 N Ravenswood Ave
Free to attend
1.5 CEUs available per session (A one-time payment of $25 is required to receive CEUs)
For more information or to join the study group, please contact Michelle Horner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-745-7441 ext. 2005.
In line with two of CCIH’s essential concepts– using an integrated approach to treatment and an anti-oppressive lens– we study and discuss many of the prominent thinkers in this field (such as Bessel van der Kolk, Pat Ogden, and David Wallin) as well as researchers and authors who bridge the gap between trauma and body-based theories and current cultural and societal matters (such as Resmaa Menakem and Rhonda McGee).
The group is comprised of CCIH staff, partners, and community colleagues. It is an open group allowing for flexibility of attending some or all meetings. Depending on the nature and length of the topic, we may spend one meeting or multiple covering the readings as we honor the business of all our personal and professional lives. Please join us, and bring your future book ideas!
Join us at 4700 N Ravenswood on January 13, 2024 from 9:00-10:30am for a discussion of chapters 5 -10 of Love and Rage by Lama Rob Owens
A sample of previous works read/research topics covered includes:
- Decolonizing Trauma Work: Indigenous Stories and Strategies by Renee Linklater
- Transcending Trauma: Healing Complex PTSD with Internal Family Systems Therapy by Frank G, Anderson, MD
- Understanding Attachment in Relationships: Attached. by Amir Levine and Rachel S. F. Heller and select Therapist Uncensored episodes
- Treating Adult Survivors of Childhood Emotional Abuse and Neglect: Component-Based Psychotherapy By: Elizabeth K. Hopper, Frances K. Grossman, Joseph Spinazzola, Marla Zucker
- Polysecure: Attachment, Trauma, and Consensual Nonmonogamy by Jessica Fern
- Revolutionizing Trauma Treatment: Stabilization, Safety & Nervous System Balance by Babette Rothschild
- Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Internal Self-Alienation by Janina Fisher
- The Inner Work of Racial Justice: Healing Ourselves and Transforming Our Communities Through Mindfulness by Rhonda V. Magee
- Understanding the Endocannabinoid System
- The Comprehensive Resource Model: Effective Therapeutic Techniques for the Healing of Complex Trauma by Lisa Schwarz, Frank Corrigan, Alastair Hull, Rajiv Raju
- My Grandmother’s Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Our Hearts and Bodies by Resmaa Menakem
- Healing Sex: A Mind-Body Approach to Healing Sexual Trauma by Staci Haines