18 months/part-time/tuition required
Who is this program for?
This program is for either provisional or fully licensed therapists who are looking for an intensive training experience and involvement in our professional community, but who do not desire a full-time commitment.
It is often a good fit for:
- Therapists who are established in private practice, but want additional experience treating trauma
- Therapists looking to transition from community services work into private practice
- Therapists who work full-time and need a training program that can work around their existing schedule
Foundations in Trauma Trainees will receive:
- One hour per week of individual supervision with CCIH staff
- Weekly meetings with the CCIH community, including a clinical consultation
- Monthly consultation/study group with all CCIH trainees, including reading some of the fundamental works in trauma treatment
- Attendance at any CCIH sponsored training event at no cost (space allowing)
- Access to the CCIH Library of training videos
- Opportunity to participate in Integrated Practices Group program
- A caseload of 6-8 clients per week
- Office space, electronic record and administrative support.
Program Learning Objectives:
- Understand the essential principles of all trauma-informed practice
- Explore current theories related to trauma and attachment
- Ground in the essential concept of working within a Window of Tolerance
- Explore Polyvagal Theory and central nervous system regulation
- Define and practice what it means to work in the present moment
- Integrate a body-centered lens and skills
- Explore interventions for the impact of attachment wounding and complex trauma
- Collaborate on developing integrated treatment approaches tailored to the unique needs of each of our clients
- Engage in understanding one’s own biases and develop skills for working with clients from an anti-oppressive lens
Requirements & Tuition:
- A Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling Couples/Family Therapy, Art Therapy, Dance/Movement Therapy or minimum of a Master’s degree in a related field and minimum of a provisional license.
- A deep commitment to ongoing training and supervision in trauma-informed practice.
- A commitment to exploring the therapist’s own internal experience in the treatment process.
- Malpractice insurance coverage.
- Tuition: $2000 for 18-month training program and the revenue collected from all clinical activities.
We welcome applicants of all racial identities, gender identities, and sexual orientations. We want to make training accessible to all those who share our commitment to trauma-informed care. If cost or financial situation would prohibit you from participating, please reach out so we can discuss payment plans, discounted payment, or scholarship options.